Date: Monday, April 1, 2013
NRRTS (National Registration of Rehabilitation Technology Suppliers), NCART (National Coalition for Assistive and Rehab Technology), RESNA and other members of the CRT Separate Benefit Category Coalition are urging members to contact their elected representatives on Wednesday, April 10 to ask them to support HR 942.
HR 942, introduced by Congressman Joe Crowley (D-NY) and Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) is a bipartisan bill that would create a separate benefit category for complex rehab technology within the Medicare program. A separate benefit category for CRT items allows for unique coding, coverage and payment rules and policies that address the unique situations of this subset of durable medical equipment and the people with disabilities who use this technology.
Organizers are urging members to:
- Tell your clients, patients, family, friends, colleagues and workmates about the call-in day.
- Tell anyone else you know who might feel that Americans with disabilities need access to the technology that improves their function, health and enhances the quality of their lives.
- Tell them that for this initiative to be successful, each of them needs to call their congressional representative on April 10.
- Tell them to ask their Members of Congress to support HR 942 to establish a separate benefit category for complex rehab technology under Medicare.
- Tell them to ask their congressional representatives in the House to sign-on as a co-sponsor of HR 942.
- Tell them to ask their Senators to introduce and support a companion bill in the U.S. Senate.
- Tweet and Facebook post this link to your contacts.
Call the US Capitol switchboard at (202) 225-3121 and ask for your Senators' and Represenative's office.
Don't know their names? Click here and enter your zip code to find them.
For additional information about Complex Rehab Technology and the Separate Benefit Category initiative, visit the coalition websit at www.access2crt.org.